Andrew D. Concannon
Andy has been a partner at Smith, Bovill, P.C. since 2001. His primary focus is litigation with emphasis in medical liability and commercial litigation matters. Over the last several years, Andy has also developed a municipal law practice consisting of litigation and counseling in all matters pertaining to municipal governance including municipal finance. In addition to handling litigation matters of all types, Andy also practices extensively in the areas of commercial law surrounding counseling and advice with respect to business formations, trade secrets, shareholder disputes and the like.
Andy resides in Saginaw with his wife Tracy and two children, William and Ethan.
Areas of Practice
- 45% Medical Malpractice Defense
- 30% Commercial Litigation/Commercial Law
- 15% Municipal Law
- 10% Creditor /Bankruptcy Law
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Michigan, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2001
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. – 1993
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- B.A. – 1990
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: History
- Secura Supreme Insurance Co.
- State Farm Mutual Insurance Co.
- Goodman Networks, Inc.
- Hartford Steam Boiler Insurance Co.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 1994 – Present
- State Bar of Michigan, Member, 1994 – Present
- American Bankruptcy Institute, 2001 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Kitch, Drutchas, Wagner, Kenney, P.C., Senior Associate
- Dickinson Wright, PLLC, Of Counsel