Christopher J. Radke
Chris Radke is a real estate, business, estate planning and tax law attorney with the firm. He opened his own practice in Oakland County, Michigan after passing the Bar Exam in 1992, but soon moved to Saginaw and the Great Lakes Bay Region.
Over the last 26 years Chris’s real estate practice has run the gamut. He worked as land-use counsel for a Fortune 10 company for 14 years. He assists clients with condominium & subdivision development and redevelopment. Chris provides detailed advice on purchases and sales of real estate, from negotiating the Buy/Sell Agreement through due diligence to closing. He assists farmers and others involved in agriculture – maximizing their opportunities; as well as those involved in oil, gas, mineral and cell tower negotiations. His practice includes providing advice and drafting in both commercial and residential matters, including leases and construction. Finally, Chris enjoys working the tax and governmental incentive angles for all of his clients.
In the business law area, he works with clients on entity formations (corporations, limited liability companies, etc.), business purchases and sales, mergers, generational transitions, to more unique transitional entities such as employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) and qualified sub-S corporation trusts (QSSTs). Chris also has developed a significant practice working for nonprofit and charitable entities.
As an estate planning attorney Chris drafts trusts of all kinds, wills, powers of attorney, patient advocate designations, living wills, contractual estate plans, and enjoys facilitating leveraged business ownership transitions from one generation to the next.
Finally, like other members of the firm, he believes it is important to offer clients a strong working knowledge of applicable tax laws and other governmental incentives. Adding these opportunities to every area of practice often adds to increased client profits and savings.
Chris belongs to the Michigan State Bar’s Sections on: Real Property, Estate Planning, Taxation, Administrative and Regulatory Law, Elder Law & Disability Rights, and its Environmental Law Section.
He has been a member, officer and President of numerous nonprofit and professional Boards over the years including:
- as the 2017 President of the Saginaw County Bar Association and as its current Treasurer (an association of 355 of Saginaw County’s 400+ attorneys, involving 25 committees with events throughout the year);
- as President of the Northeastern Michigan Estate Planning Council (an association of 145 attorneys, CPAs, life insurance agents, certified financial planners, and charitable donation directors – all of whom specialize in estate planning);
- as the first President of the Saginaw Community Foundation’s Senior Enrichment Committee (providing funding to programs assisting Saginaw County’s elderly population);
- as an officer and President of the local Chapter of Trout Unlimited, then as an officer to its State Council, and now as an advisor to both of those levels plus the national organization which includes over 160,000 members dedicated to trout habitat conservation;
- to his position as Secretary to a $24M regional Church Foundation.
Chris is married to Karen, and they have three young adult children.