David B. Meyer
Following graduation from law school (Wayne State University 1973), I spent one year as law clerk to the Honorable Clifford O’Sullivan, Senior Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. I have since been in private law practice with the Smith Bovill law firm.
Areas of Practice
- Environmental law, including remediation, brownfields development and wetlands.
- Municipal law, including tax increment financing, such as Downtown Development and Brownfields Development authorities; regional authorities including municipal sewer, water, solid waste, geographic imaging and building inspection services.
- Real estate development, sales and acquisitions.
- Business sales and acquisitions.
- Renewable energy, including wind and solar leasing.
I have been a member of the American Arbitration Association and have served on commercial, construction and environmental panels. I have also served as Circuit Court mediator and facilitator.
I have been active in various nonprofit and civic organizations, including the Covenant Medical Center Board of Directors (1997 to date) and its predecessor (St. Lukes Hospital 1986 to 1997) and the Saginaw YMCA (Chairman 2013-14).
I have served on various committees of the Saginaw County Chamber of Commerce and Saginaw County Bar Association, where I served as President (1992-93). I am an avid sailor, and currently hold a Masters 50-ton United States Coast Guard Merchant Marine license.
I have been married to Dr. Julie Meyer since 1973, and we have two adult children.